A Day in the Life of a Massage Therapist with a Hitachi Magic Wand

If you’re thinking of becoming a massage therapist then good for you but don’t forget to get yourself your first tool a Hitachi Magic Wand massager! It can be a very rewarding and lucrative career. However, it takes focus, compassion, caring and a healthy body and sound mind to sustain yourself through decades of work. Finding out what a massage therapist goes through in a day can help you decide if you want to spend the time, effort and money needed to train yourself and begin a career as a massage therapist.

 

Take Care of Yourself

Many factors go in to the day of a massage therapist and a lot of that will depend upon where you are and what type of environment an MT works in. This can be a great career if an MT takes care of themselves physically, emotionally, spiritually and mentally as it’s a career that can be performed for many years if proper self maintenance is performed.

 

Hitachi Magic Wand MassagerLocation, Location, Location

There are many environments an MT can work in. Some examples are, health clubs, spas and resorts, hotels, in a physiotherapist or doctor’s office, hospitals, medical clinics, as an individual freelancer or as a business owner. There are also more unusual environments an MT can work in such as, offering a mobile service and travel to offices, people’s homes, sporting events, airports, shopping malls or by offering chair massages, which can be done virtually anywhere at anytime. There is even a possibility of working at a nursing home as they will sometimes employ a massage therapist, full or part time, to help their patients.

 

The Schedule

On average, a massage therapist will see anywhere from 2 to 7 clients a day for 1 hour sessions. Sometimes more if they have fast Hitachi magic wand massager with it’s clever wand attachments. There are many MTs who perform many more massages than that in a day. The best way to do this is to have at least 15 to 20 minutes scheduled for breaks in between sessions or you can take a break using your Hitachi Magic Wand to have a bit more fun! This way you will have a chance to change the sheets on the table and have a chance to drink some water, eat a snack if you’d like and stretch out your muscles a bit. By the end of the day you will be glad you had some time in between the sessions since you’ll feel looser physically and be calmer mentally and emotionally. Additionally, you’ll have much more energy and focus for your clients, which they’ll appreciate and reap the benefits of. As well, most environments an MT will work in have operating hours that run 7 days a week, which gives you more reason to take care of yourself properly.

 

The Environment

Speaking of your clients, it’s important that they feel comfortable as soon as they arrive. The waiting area should be neat and clean at all times and the staff should be professional and have a temperate attitude. What normally happens at most places such as a spa, clinic, hospital, fitness center etc. is when the client comes in they will be offered some water, shown the restrooms and a place to sit and wait if it’s not otherwise obvious. If the MT is meeting a client for the first time, extra time will be needed to gather information from the client for medical and insurance purposes. Once in the room the lights should be dimmed and most likely soothing music will be played in the background.
The Client Base

Clients of massage therapists can range in age from teenagers to the elderly, but the majority are in the 30-50 range. Without a doubt, most of the business an MT receives will be from repeat clientele. An amazing 85% of most MT’s business comes from the clients the MT has seen before. Massage therapy is the kind of service that clients don’t usually want to engage in haphazardly so, when they find an MT they like and are comfortable with they’re reluctant to change especially, if the MT has a high level of skill.

 

Have you tried the Hitachi Magic Wand Massager?

 

Another aspect to keep in mind about an MT’s clientele is exactly why they come to see a therapist in the first place. About 60% of the clients that go to see an MT do so because they have a specific physical ailment they need the MT to help heal. The other 40% of clients book an appointment for general stress and tension relief. The fact is, human beings are under a massive amount of stress in every area of there lives and most of the could benefit from the Hitachi magic wand massager to relieve some of it. The magic wand also comes with great wand attachments to enhance the feelings. Our world is changing quickly and dramatically and it can be difficult to keep up. As a caring and compassionate person who wishes to help people, developing the ability to heal with your hands is a wonderful skill to have and it’s needed now more than ever.